Breakfast Business Networking Club
Bizlinks was started in May 2008 by a group of local professionals looking for a way to gain new clients. We are a group of small business owners who meet regularly to network, discuss business matters, share knowledge and best practices, and socialize in a semi-formal professional environment.
Meetings are held in the early mornings. We meet in a restaurant meeting room or similar setting. A meal is served at each meeting. The gatherings generally last an hour to an hour and a quarter. We are currently meeting at Frankly Coffee – 437 Lansdowne St. every Thursday morning at 7:15 am. The introductions start at 7:30 am.
What happens at the meetings?
Meetings generally keep to a standard format and are somewhat formal to ensure the business mind-set is maintained. The routine will not vary significantly. At each meeting, during the meal, each member will be required to do a marketing minute, which should include the following info:
- Who you are
- What your business is
- Where your territory is
- What would be a good referral for you
- If you have a ‘memory hook’ don’t forget to use it
To keep every meeting fresh and educational, Bizlinks varies the meeting content with:
- Guest Speakers from the Business Community
- Attendance and representation at monthly Chamber Socials
- Participation in Book reviews
- Discussions on General Business Policy
- In-depth Business informational from members
- Member brainstorming-focus groups – reviewing a members growth plans, advertising, specific upcoming concerns facing the business, etc. while receiving input, support and guidance from the group
- Quality referral reviews